My blog was nominated by Emily over at runswithhope. This is an award given to bloggers from fellow bloggers to as a way to get to know one another better. Thank you Emily for the opportunity to get to know you and well as share a bit about myself!
I was given the following questions to respond to:
1. Why Blog? I blog because it helps get the stories out of my head. I have a tendency to talk to much and ramble on and on. Writing it all down helps me to get the story out without feeling the need to tell the story over and over. LOL I also like to have a record of the family memories, progress in my weight loss and recipes to look back on. If I inspire one person along the way, that is a great bonus!
2. What is your preferred fitness activity? I would have to say hiking. I would love to live in a house that backs up to a state forest so that the trails are right outside my door. I love the peaceful silence that comes over me when I am out there.
3. Who do you admire? My sisters. They show strength, determination and grace every day with their own life challenges. They inspire me to be a better version of myself.
4. If you could have one food everyday, what would it be? Hands down – buffalo wings “hot with honey” flavor. This is my food addiction. Up until a few months ago, I had to have them at least once a week. This was a hard habit to break!
5. Who is on your playlist? My current running playlist goes like this: Foo Fighters, No Doubt, Natasha Bedingfield, Gaga, Neon Trees, The Decemberists, Sugarland, Elton John = 32 minutes
I run a 5k in 38 minutes so I need to add 6 more minutes of music – LOL
6. What is your favorite meal/dish? See #4 and add to the list BBQ pulled pork which is my 2nd biggest food addiction. North Carolina style with the perfect coleslaw on top…. Mmmm Mmmm hold a moment while I wipe my chin.
7. If you can travel anywhere tomorrow, where would you go? I would feed my obsession for castles and cathedrals by touring Europe. Scotland would be first on my list because I have always wanted to go there. I remember seeing a picture of the Isle of Skye when I was little and have been in love with the place ever since.
8. What would you do with your winnings if you won the lottery? Dan and I daydream about this a lot. If it was the Mega Million and it was an obscene amount of cash, I would:
make major renovations to my house or move to the mountains or both
put money aside for Allyson and her future
set up college accounts for my grand nieces/nephews
and start a pet rescue
I said we do this a lot! Major thought has gone into this. All the way down to the color granite for my new kitchen counters – LOL
9. What do you do in your down time? I love to read historical fiction novels, run, garden, go for long walks with Dan or we just sit and listen to music enjoying each other’s company. If you asked me this question more then a few years ago, I would have said anything other then sit home.
10. Morning person or Night Owl? Neither actually. I am really a Mid-day person. I like to sleep late and go to bed early. I am at my best between 10AM and 8PM.
Now I get to give you 10 random facts about myself! Hmmm… let’s see… What can I share that won’t make me sound crazy?
- I have a sadistic sense of humor. If you fall, I will laugh first before helping you up.
- I am really working at being more tolerant of things that irritate me. It’s a process but getting better. It’s a LONG list! LOL
- I grew up at 220 Summit Ave. My birthday is 8/8, which just happened to be the 220th day of the year (except leap year). Numbers have a way to line up like this for me all the time.
- I have had the same recurring dream about a green Victorian house that I have had since I was a little girl. I dream about it more in times of high stress.
- I can not eat scrambled eggs or omelets because I literally gag.
- If some experience comes up that is outside my comfort zone, I would rather skip it then go alone. Something else I am working to improve.
- My favorite color combo is pink/black- the brighter the pink the better.
- I cut and dye my own hair.
- I can not wear sandals without my toes painted.
- I do not like clowns. Clowns are evil.
Now I get to nominate some blogs! These are women who I have interacted with or stalked though community groups we are all involved in.
Confessions of a Mother Runner
Half Marathon Mama
Suzlyfe-Live Beyond Expectation
Mom Running on Empty
Mommy Go Run
I would like to know more about you!
- What is your favorite meal of the day?
- What animal would best fit your personality?
- What is your biggest accomplishment to date?
- If you could time travel, would you go back in time or go to the future and why?
- Who inspires you?
- What is one non workout related thing you like to do for fun.
- Name one thing in your gym bag that you can not live without.
- When you want a treat, do you crave savory or sweet?
- If you could sit down and interview one celebrity for your blog, who would it be?
- What is your favorite summer activity?
I tried to pick questions that have not been overdone. This is all in fun so no pressure if you choose to pass. Have fun!