March- I decided March is my least favorite month and I can’t wait every year to have it be over. It’s the hump month between winter and spring. It goes by fast because it is filled with family birthdays and St. Patrick’s Day but it always feels like a dud to me. My cabin fever really goes into overdrive and I am eager for it to really feel like spring. I did not do anything huge to talk about. So, I am going to just list quickly what made me happy this month. I do not have a bunch of pictures and lists make me happy… so here we go!
Things that made me happy this month:
- Dinner with the family for my brother-in-law and nephew’s birthdays.
- Attending my step-sister-in-law’s baby shower – I think it’s going to be a boy ;0)
- Visiting Grandma a lot now that she is in a home 45 minutes from our house. Sad though that it took a spill and a few broken bones to make these visits happen. We don’t know how long she will be there so we are trying to visit as much as possible.
- Spending time with Allyson over Easter weekend even though it was a short visit before she had to head back to school. She makes me happy any time – visit or not.
- Easter day spending it with family. My sister-in-law made the best vegan chocolate cake/pie desert made from black beans. It was a nice alternative and left overs were tasty with my coffee the next morning.
- The warm days at the start of the month. It was nice while they lasted. I got to wear my new spring dresses!
- All the new spring green growth! I love driving and seeing the new grass and spring bulbs/trees in bloom.
Things I am looking forward to in April:
- Dinner with old friends
- Hopefully start hiking again. I need to ground myself with nature all around me! Or at least do some urban hiking around our town or explore some place new.
- Garden and yard clean up begins!
- Being more active in general.
- Warmer weather and longer daylight hours.
Tell me something that made you happy this month!
Do you have any big plans for April?