Happy first day of spring friends! It is snowing here in beautiful Bucks Co, PA. Even though it is NOT a welcome sight, it is still pretty to watch. It is also causing some major cabin fever!! As I sit here trying to concentrate, I am thinking of things to put on my to-do list for the next two months.
1) Get a jump on the overwhelming chore of garden clean up. I have 10 medium-large perennial gardens that I let go wild last year. Needless to say, they are a mess with old weeds and it’s stressing me out to look at them.
2) Get back in to running again. I am a fair weather runner. So, now that it’s light out longer and the weather will be warming up, I am getting excited to run again. I do think it would be the smart choice to make this part of my morning routine this year instead of going after work. I will give it a try.
3) Spring flowers! One of my most favorite times of the year is when you are driving to work one day and suddenly see that all the new grass, tiger lilies and tulips are sprouting. We can’t forget the Eastern Redbuds with their purpleish red buds and the cherry blossoms coming in to bloom! Everything looks bright and new. I can’t help smiling just thinking about it!
4) Yoga outside and feeling the warm sun on my skin.
5) Getting lost in the woods – Hiking! This is the time of year that we can finally emerge from our winter shell and hit the trails. The snow will be melting and it will be muddy. However, nothing compares to being surrounded by nature and the peace it brings me.
What are you looking forward to now that spring has sprung?