Happy first Friday of Fall! It’s been a rough week for me with not having any energy. I am sure my food choices have has something to do with it. Add in, doctor and car appointments, not sleeping well, no energy to exercise, rain… that adds to the mood of the week. So, I thought I would sit down and write about positive things that I am looking forward to over the next few months. Here we go… my latest Friday’s 5:
1. Meal prep – I don’t do much prep over the summer months. We grill and meals are lite and simple. But when the weather starts to change, I like make a lot of soups, chili and stews. It’s time to dust off the favorite recipes and start making them again. Also on that list: roasted squash & baked sweet potatoes. These are two big staples of my breakfast and lunch for the next 6 months or so.
2. Crop Hunger Walk – The past three years, Dan and I have raised $1800 towards our local Crop Walk. This year we are walking it again! We are both on the committee to make this walk happen. Dan is helping with all the signage and I am taking on the treasurer seat for the first time! I am a little nervous about the new responsibility but excited to be apart of it all. This is our walk’s 30th year and I really hope we smash our record for donations making this the biggest year yet! In the past 29 years, our little community has raised over $640,000 and $154,000 of that has gone to our local food pantry, FISH. If you would like to help me with this goal, please click on the red words above to be directed to my personal donation page. Hunger is not a church problem. It is a world problem. 1 in 7 people go to bed hungry every night…. statistics show that most of them are women…. Moms actually. That saddens me. If you would like more information on how you can get involved in your community walk, Check out THIS website.
3. Fall hiking – This is my favorite time of year. There is nothing more breathtaking then to emerge from dense forest to a clearing blazing with yellows, orange and reds of the bushes and grass that surrounds you. Add in a clear blue sky and sun shining overhead and I feel like I have found heaven.
4. Running – Fall weather is perfect… not to cold / not too hot. Need I say more?
5. Mums, pumpkins and corn stalks – OH MY! I love looking at how people decorate the front of their homes for fall. Every year I say I am going to do it too… Maybe this is the year.
What about you? Do you have any traditions or favorite activities you are looking forward to? Do you have any “to die for” recipes I need to try? If so, please share in the comments below!