A few times a year you might see a little thing called a Liebster Award being handed out from blogger to blogger. It’s a fun thing to participate in. If you are not familiar, this is what it’s about:
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers by bloggers. When you’re nominated for the award, you answer a set of questions asked by the blogger who nominated you and then nominate 11 other bloggers, and give those bloggers a set of questions to answer. It’s a fun insight into the mind of your fellow bloggers.
I am not sure of the origins of this particular award but I was last nominated 1 year ago. My answers then are the same now and more general questions so if you want to know me even more, feel free to read those answers as well. This round is quite a challenge based on the questions that were given to me by my nominator The Half Mad Half Marathoner. When you are done here, hop on over to her page and check out her Q & A and other posts!
On to my questions…
1. If I was coming to your city and could race only one race, what would you recommend? I am a leisure racer. I have only done one this past fall and signing up for my 2nd 5k this Memorial Day Weekend! But I can say from my friend’s experiences, you need to check out the Broad Street Run or the Love Run.
2. Almond Butter or Peanut Butter? Neither actually due to a cranky gall bladder. I stick with Sunflower seed butter now. If you have never tried it, you are missing out. It tastes just like PB!
3. Your favorite running shoe company has just offered to sponsor you to run 50 halves in 50 states. It’s all expense paid, plus you get to bring a friend. Who (dead or alive, famous or not) do you want to run with? That’s easy – My daughter. She would push me to keep going and not let me quit. We ran together a couple times last summer before she left for college. Once she smoked me with her long lean legs and the other time she stayed by me and we chatted. Probably my favorite run ever.
4. What is your must have, can’t live without running gadget? My “Map My Run” app on my Iphone. I use it for hiking too.
5. Dream race-station location? I would love to run all over Scotland.
6. Runderware or no? Ok this one I had to Google because I was not sure if it meant where I thought it meant. It did. LOL I had NO IDEA that to go Wit or Witout was such a big debate! I go Wit because I do not think I would be comfortable otherwise. BUT it has to be performance type – My go to is Moving Comfort – this one right here. There – now you know my business.
7. Are you as annoyed as I am by the signs & shirts that say, “Run like Ryan Gosling is waiting for you at the finish line?” I don’t want him to see me all sweaty and gross. ~ He does nothing for me. He’s all yours ladies…
8. How many running related stickers do you have on your car? None (sigh…..)
9. What’s the most annoying thing you’ve had to deal with on a race course? My only time on a race course had everyone line up in whatever order. I was going to start off walking and thought I was OK up near the front but to the side. Nope. It was run now or be pushed out of the way. So, I ran. I was already warned not to feel overwhelmed off the start but I was not prepared to be trampled!
10. Pen and paper or technology? I am a technology girl. My cell is always in my hand or close by. Text me if you need me.
11. How far out do you start your training schedule? This does not apply for me but maybe someday I will be asking you all this question!
Thanks again Half Mad for the blogger love!
Here is my list of nominations. You have all been picked as bloggers that are still new to me. I would love to know more about you. If this is not your “thing” no worries or hurt feelings. Remember, this is all in fun!
1. Thank the blogger who has nominated you
2. Answer the questions given to you
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers (I honestly do not know if I violated this one since not all blogs show their following)
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know that you have nominated them.
- In honor of spring, what is your favorite outside activity?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the furthest distance you have run/walked/hiked/walked?
- I love to grill. Do you prefer to host a cookout or be invited to them?
- Name one gadget you cannot live without. This can apply to any part of your life.
- What was your first car? Loved it? Hated it?
- How many places have you lived?
- What would be your dream vacation?
- If you could describe yourself in one word, what would that be?
- Do you have a theme song?
- Do you prefer to sit and read or watch movies? Name your favorite.
Thanks for playing everyone!