Howdy peeps! I have been thinking about food a lot the past few days. ( What else is new right? ) I have been coming across some really good recipes either posted by my fellow I’m Fit Possible peeps or by simply stumbling upon clean eating blogs. I decided I was going to start something new here today: Good Eats NEW Recipe of the Week!
I want to pick a new recipe to incorporate into my weekly meal planning and share it on here with you. This will get me eating outside the box more as I will be searching for new (and maybe a little fun) foods to try.
As I mentioned in my last post, there was a recipe going around on FB for “Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas”. There was no direct link to the FB post but I was able to Google it and came up with this exact recipe from Real Mom Kitchen. There are a TON of recipes up on this site! I will be adding Real Mom to my list of foodies to reference back to for inspiration.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a green and half a red)
- 12 flour tortillas
- Toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and guacamole – if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.
- Are you a fajita fanatic?
- Do you have a good original recipe that you might want to share with me?