Today’s a big day for our family. My nephew is marrying the love of his life! I am so happy for them both. They truly are perfect for each other. So, in honor of their special day, I decided to share some things I have learned over the past 18 years of marriage to my best friend.
1. You might not see eye to eye on how to handle certain situations but make compromises and always have each other’s back. Compromise is key.
2. You will have an argument, you fight, you get over it, you get past it. Never go to bed angry.
3. Do things together as a family. The dreams you have on your wedding day should become memories in your future.
4. Make contact daily. It can be a quick hug, a kiss before rushing out the door, holding hands on the couch while watching TV. Each of these acts speak louder then words with the exception of #5…
5. …”I love you” Say it often and mean it when you do!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Congratulations Bob and Gina! Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!